You probably know a bunch of figures about your business, but did you know these fast and fun facts about the trucking industry?
- The trucking industry collects, on average, $650 billion in revenue each year. That is about 5% of America’s GDP.
- It is expected that the trucking industry will grow by about 21% by 2025.
- Around 70% of domestic freight is transported by trucks.
- The goods which are typically transported by trucks are clothing, food, furniture, electrical equipment and machinery.
- One in 14 jobs in the US is created through the trucking industry or it’s affected by it.
- There are about 3.5 million truck drivers in the United States, of which 200,000 are female long-haul drivers.
- Career Builder reports that the mean salary for a truck driver is $44,500.
- The mileage of all delivery trucks in the US combined amounts to almost 5 billion a year.
- It has been estimated that commercial trucks use 20,500 gallons of fuel a year, while an average car uses meager 500 gallons.
- The design of truck engines enables it to travel one million miles before retirement. In comparison, car engines are designed to run for just 200,000 miles.
- In the past 19 years, heavy-truck and off-road exhaust emissions have plunged by 95%.
- Sixty modern clean-diesel trucks create the same amount of exhaust gasses as one 1988 truck.
- A line of all the trucks in the US (around 15.7 million of them) would reach the moon.
- The dominant cause of on-road truck accidents is not staying in the lane.
- The most common causes of large truck accidents typically involve the following causes: failing to adapt the driving to the conditions, problems with brakes, performance errors and driver fatigue.
These interesting tidbits can give you an idea of the bigger picture – where the trucking industry is and your business in it. If you would like to find out something more practical, for example how to grow your business through smart financial decisions, feel free to contact Go Capital. If you need funding or semi-truck financing with bad credit check, you can depend on Go Capital, a leading financing company specialized in providing customized financing packages for owner operators with bad credit or no credit. Feel free to contact Go Capital for more information right away.