Join Go Capital, a premier commercial finance company that provides unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide capital to the transportation industry through equipment leases and we specialize in financing commercial trucks and trailers. We offer an exciting and demanding work environment that rewards team members who have a high sense of urgency and strong ability to execute and complete tasks on target with aggressive deadlines and high quality standards. Go Capital is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time to join the company as there are many opportunities for advancement and career growth. Come join our new corporate headquarters office in Roseville!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking an entry-level Staff Accountant to join our growing accounting team who is career minded and looking to join a company where they can excel and build their accounting skill set and knowledge base as they grow in their career. The position is available to someone who has recently graduated with an accounting degree and who has a strong understanding of accounting basics / fundamentals. (You must have mastery of your debits and credits and you must understand the basics of how financial statements interrelate with the GL and the trial balance.) The successful candidate will also be strong with Excel and will be capable of demonstrating this during the interview. We will provide the industry expertise, but we need you to have the basic skillsets needed to perform the job.
In addition to basic bookkeeping / staff accountant duties (AP/AR/Bank Recs/ Etc.) this position will help book leases into our portfolio. You will utilize accounting and management software and will assist with financial reporting and the month end close duties. You will gain valuable insight to the accounting process through your daily exposure and interaction with our Controller.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / JOB DUTIES / SKILL-SETS
- Daily cash count reconciliations
- Calculate and prepare journal entries in the general ledger
- Document all incoming ACH payments
- Maintain accounts payable information
- Respond to collections inquiries pertaining to cash posting
- Special projects as assigned by the Controller
- Book Leases
- Report on Delinquency
- Prepare and distribute daily cash report
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university; a concentration in Accounting is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Expert Level)
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ GPA
- Ability to retain information and learn new things quickly
- Strong work ethic
- Strong task and time management skills
- Uncompromising integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work continuously for hours on a computer; Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to handle a high stress environment.
- The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve and file information and lifts and carries reports and records that typically weigh less than 20 pounds.
- Hourly rate ($15.00 - $18.00 DOE) with upward mobility
- Newly designed office with modern new furniture including ergonomically designed height adjustable sit/standing desks
- Full-time benefit position including PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Position is full time, Mon-Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 pm (overtime common)
- Opportunity to grow and room for advancement
- Business casual office attire
- Stocked kitchen loaded with free food to keep you fueled throughout the day
- Join a 2015 and 2016 Sacramento Region best place to work