Join Go Capital, a premier commercial leasing company that provides unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide capital to the transportation industry through equipment leases and we specialize in commercial trucks and trailers. We offer an exciting and demanding work environment that rewards team members who have a high sense of urgency and strong ability to execute and complete tasks on target with aggressive deadlines and high quality standards. Go Capital is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time to join the company. Roseville, CA is our new Corporate Headquarters and we are seeking a Controller to help lead the Accounting department.
About The Job
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include management of all Accounting staff and functions, oversight and management of the monthly close schedule, production and compilation of the monthly financial statements, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, and equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. The successful candidate will have served as an accounting manager or controller in organizations having revenues in excess of $50 Million and will have functional knowledge in all major areas of accounting including, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management / Treasury, Sales & Use Tax, Payroll, General Ledger, Reconciliations, Production of Financial Statements, Budgeting & Forecast, Systems & Controls as well as experience issuing audited financial statements.
Major Areas of Responsibility / Job Duties / Skill-Sets
A) Management of all Accounting Staff, Processes and Oversight of Accounting Controls and Objectives as it relates to a growing finance lease portfolio
- Manages the accounting staff and is responsible for selecting, orienting, and training departmental staff.
- Maintains departmental results by, coaching, counseling, holding accountable and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits and providing information to external auditors (RSM US LLP).
- Reports actual results against budgets / company forecasts using variance analysis.
- Oversee the accounting operation, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid according to prioritized payment systems set forth by company owners
- Manage, analyze and audit leases to ensure lessees are billed correctly each month and investigate and resolve all discrepancies.
- Interface with the portfolio management and collections teams and provide support on calculation of net book value, payoffs, and invoices.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly and work with Portfolio Management as necessary
- Oversee payroll processing to ensure accuracy and timeliness, including commissions and oversee issuance of off-cycle checks
- Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed on time and accurately
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Ensure that debt facility requirements and financial statements are made on a timely basis
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Office environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work continuously for hours on a computer; Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to handle a high stress environment.
- The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve and file information and lifts and carries reports and records that typically weigh less than 20 pounds.
- Competitive Salary with benefit package including, paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Direct reporting to company ownership
- Newly designed office with modern new furniture
- Business casual office attire
- Stocked kitchen loaded with free food to keep you fueled throughout the day
- Join a 2017, 2016, and 2015 Sacramento Region best place to work
- Career advancement opportunities