Office & HR Assistant – Part Time
Join Go Capital, a premier commercial leasing company that provides unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide capital to the transportation industry through equipment leases and we specialize in commercial trucks and trailers. We offer an exciting and demanding work environment that rewards team members who have a high sense of urgency and strong ability to execute and complete tasks on target with aggressive deadlines and high quality standards. Go Capital is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time to join the company as there are many opportunities for advancement and career growth.
The Office & HR Assistant will assist our Human Resources department on a part time basis in Benefit Administration, Benefit Invoice Reconciliation, Time-off entry into employee time cards, and Recruitment departmental needs for both our Corporate and Roseville Office locations. This position reports directly to our Recruiting and HR Manager. Responsibilities include daily coordination and administration of a broad spectrum of Human Resource activities, including benefits administration, HR data management, and office management. Our environment is fast-paced, high energy and exciting. This position is located at Go Capital’s Corporate Office in Roseville, CA.
Human Resource Functions
- Assist in benefit administration of medical, dental, vision, life, and 401K programs. Answer employee questions, provide vendor materials, and process benefit changes in accordance with plan deadlines. Manage eligibility files and process benefit plan elections through payroll to ensure proper payroll deductions. Review and reconcile monthly insurance billings. Act as a liaison with insurance carriers.
- File all HR documents via shared drive and CRM system including: personnel files, personnel-related actions; employee wage changes, job changes, supervisory reports, performance evaluations, and furnish information from such files to authorized persons on request.
- Ensure that HR files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with ADP payroll administration and monitor accuracy of timekeeping. Maintain payroll records in compliance with state and federal regulations. Track employee time off request forms via CRM data entry and maintain accurate record keeping in ADP to ensure timecards are recorded correctly.
- Assist in Human Resources policies, procedures, and program updating and/or development.
- Assist or prepare correspondence for interoffice memos, employment verification, unemployment responses, and Workers Compensation claims as needed.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of any and all human resources information.
- Assist with company culture building activities, including recognition of employee birthdays, planning of company events, and executive travel
Recruitment Assisting Functions
- Assist in the recruitment departmental needs such as but not limited to: meet and greet potential candidates being considered for employment, provide office tours and introductions, manage pre-employment test administration, work with IT department for new hire desk setup, track calendar and fulfill scheduling requests for candidate testing and interviews, and serve as liaison for recruitment as needed.
- Maintain timely interoffice communication with Recruiting Manager to notify when testers have arrived at corporate office and completed pre-employment testing. Work with Recruiter to coordinate interview scheduling as needed.
Office Management Functions
- Manage Go Capital’s incoming/outgoing mail; receive and record deliveries to the firm and/or individuals in the firm and route them accordingly to the proper recipient.
- Manage food expense budget and plan/complete weekly food orders for Employee Snack Lounge.
- Plan/Place food orders for executive employee lunches, meetings and other events as needed.
- Run errands as necessary including but not limited to; the post office, food places for monthly lunch catering and FedEx on a rare occasion. (Reimbursement for mileage and gas is provided).
- Order and maintain office supplies as required included marketing materials, new hire supplies and conference room supplies. Stock inventory in all areas weekly (or as needed).
- A minimum of 1 year experience in Human Resources or Benefits Administration
- Pursuit of or possession of Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Organizational Management, or Business from an Accredited University strongly desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities quickly.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality and sound business judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good analytical and math/accounting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC and recent versions MS Office including Excel, Outlook, Word, and internet.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment regulations a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and are known for your poise, tact, professional demeanor, and diplomacy.
- Confidentially and professionally engage with staff at all levels and across multiple parts of our organization. At the same time, you know and respect that many things coming across your desk are very sensitive and confidential and cannot be communicated at all.
- You are a self-starter who is action oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency.
- You are focused on the big picture and understand how detailed tasks relate to the overall mission of the organization. Your attention to detail is supported by your organizational skills.